You’re now a first-time member of the working force or about to level-up as an entrepreneur. That’s why you’re checking out this post. You need to apply for a TIN registration update, if you already have your student TIN or as a result of transacting with any government agency (EO 98 TIN) and wish to use it for:
- employment purposes
- business purposes
Or, if you have an employee TIN and wish to use it for business purposes.
Just a note, you may use BIR Form No 1905 – Application for Registration Information Update when applying for TIN registration update from EO 98 to employee and from employee or EO 98 to business/self-employed. However, while both situations use the same form, they vary in terms of documentary requirements.
Steps in Applying for TIN Registration Update
From EO 98 to Employee TIN
If you once acquired TIN for the purpose of transacting with any government agency, your TIN is therefore registered as EO 98. And if you are now proudly employed and want to use that TIN for employment purposes, then, you may read this post on TIN Registration for Employees: Things you should know when applying for a TIN.
From EO 98 or Employee TIN to Business/Self-employed TIN
If, on the other hand, you’re an even prouder entrepreneur, and you want to use your EO 98 TIN or employee TIN to venture into business, then here are the steps on how to go about it:
- Determine the RDO of your business address. See List of RDOs.
- Get a copy of the BIR Form No 1905 – Application for Registration Information Update.
- Download, print and accomplish the form.
- Indicate your TIN and your name as it appears on your Birth Certificate.
- Supply the necessary changes to your existing registration.
- Click here for more details on the documentary requirements
- Bring 500 pesos for the business registration fee
- Receive further instructions from the RDO.
- Schedule your visit to your RDO on non-peak periods, you may refer to the BIR Tax Calendar.
If you need more information on this, you may get in touch with the BIR Contact Center at (02) 981-8888.
Here’s wishing all the best for you on your new venture!
“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.”
~ C.G. Jung
(updated link 8/8)
Views – 5114